For aspiring storytelling changemakers in the Netherlands
Storytelling is one of the most powerful tools to move people into action. During our workshop, we will train you to use your personal story as an inspirational tool to guide our world towards a more inclusive future, be it through entrepreneurship, activism or just for personal development. Sharing your story is a transformative process of empowerment, self-discovery, and will increase your confidence. Change begins with you and your story - and during our workshop your will be given a peaceful space to connect, learn and rediscover your stories, to explore your purpose, and experience the power of storytelling in both your personal and professional life.
- Learn about storytelling.
- Reflect and share your personal journey.
- Practise active listening skills and peer-coach others in share their stories.
- Explore how you can use your story for both personal and professional development.
- Learn how to structure a powerful story using our story map framework.
- Craft your personal story with guidance and feedback.
- Gain confidence presenting your story to an audience.
Rough programme outline
- Introduction to storytelling
- Who am I?'
- The purpose of my story
- Introduction to the Story Map
- ReDiscover My Story
- Storytelling presentation
- Entrepreneurs, changemakers, activitsts or anyone else who are interested in exploring the power of storytelling as a tool. We welcome people with diverse cultural, professional and social backgrounds.
- Little to no storytelling experience.
- A desire to explore and share own personal story.
- Have working knowledge of English.
Are you interested in exploring your own personal story with people from around the world? Do you want to learn more about the powers of storytelling? Then apply now for our interactive 2 day immersive storytelling workshop!
Space is limited. We accept applications on a rolling basis. The earlier you apply, the more likely are you to be accepted.
What past participants have to say about Storytelling Journey
[The three things we did well was the] environment, the motivation to tell a story, creating a great and encouraging atmosphere that made me comfortable sharing my story and thinking it's worth telling!
[The main value of the workshop was to] breaking a boundary: sharing very personal stories with complete strangers and connect with them on a level you usually only do with people you know. That was an amazing experience.
What differentiate Storytelling Journey from other workshops: It was really a WORKshop, not remaining abstract but really applying it. So you actually got to practice and get to a deeper level. And it led to an actual result instead of just abstract theoretical knowledge
[The main value of the workshop] for me it was a start to conquer my fear of sharing my personal story, and a starter for me to think about how I can integrate it with my professional goals.
The rediscovering my story part made me change focus from keep looking at my past (cherising the pain and missed opportunities) to cherising who I am now. Now I use that as my force to approach the future that my past.
[What sets Storytelling Journey apart from other workshops was] the ability to make participants bond with each other. I think the parameters that were set helped creating a setting where the best story could take place.
[The three things we did well was] the diversity of the program, the build up and the fact that you are working towards something together and by yourself.
What differentiate Storytelling Journey from other workshops: I would say the facilitator plus the program, because it was very professional plus she really knew how to guide a group which is very difficult I think. In other workshops there's mostly something I miss or would do different, but with this one I can't think of any.