For aspiring storytelling changemakers in the Netherlands
Storytelling is one of the most powerful tools to move people into action. During our workshop, we will train you to use your personal story as an inspirational tool to guide our world towards a more inclusive future, be it through entrepreneurship, activism or just for personal development. Sharing your story is a transformative process of empowerment, self-discovery, and will increase your confidence. Change begins with you and your story - and during our workshop your will be given a peaceful space to connect, learn and rediscover your stories, to explore your purpose, and experience the power of storytelling in both your personal and professional life.
- Learn about storytelling.
- Reflect and share your personal journey.
- Practise active listening skills and peer-coach others in share their stories.
- Explore how you can use your story for both personal and professional development.
- Learn how to structure a powerful story using our story map framework.
- Craft your personal story with guidance and feedback.
- Gain confidence presenting your story to an audience.
Rough programme outline
- Introduction to storytelling
- Who am I?'
- The purpose of my story
- Introduction to the Story Map
- ReDiscover My Story
- Storytelling presentation
- Entrepreneurs, changemakers, activitsts or anyone else who are interested in exploring the power of storytelling as a tool. We welcome people with diverse cultural, professional and social backgrounds.
- Little to no storytelling experience.
- A desire to explore and share own personal story.
- Have working knowledge of English.
Space is limited. We accept applications on a rolling basis. The earlier you apply, the more likely are you to be accepted.
Feedback from previous paricipants
- All activities were in line with each other and helped create an overall climax of positive impact.
- The main value of the workshop was to rediscover your story part and just the atmosphere and interaction with the other participants.
- The rediscovering my story part made me change focus from keep looking at my past (cherising the pain and missed opportunities) to cherising who I am now. Now I use that as my force to approach the future that my past.
- The workshop was intimate, personal, good energy and open.
- The setting of the event was so well formed by everybody that there was freedom and acceptance to have the reassurance that you count as a person.